The University Center for the Italian language and culture promotion, G. e C. Feltrinelli of the University of Milan (www.calcif.unimi.it) and Filitalia International collaborate since 2014 to promote the Italian heritage and language.
Among their numerous activities, CALCIF organizes various cultural events, student exchanges and summer programs, especially for the Italian descendants.
The summer program comprises two weeks of intensive Italian language courses, that translate to 50 hours of lessons with teachers specialized in teaching Italian to foreigners. The language levels range from absolute beginners, that have no knowledge of Italian, to beginners (levels A1-A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
To encourage the study of the Italian language, CALCIF supports students with scholarships that allow them to participate to summer courses in Gargnano del Garda, Italy.
POSSIBILITY TO REQUEST A SCHOLARSHIPS AMOUNTING TO 200€.
- When: July and September every year
- Where: via S.Sofia 9/1, Università degli Studi di Milano
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Lessons: 5 hours per day, Mon to Fri from 9-13.30
- Users: Foreigners who want to study the Italian Language
- Levels: A1-A2
- Cost: 500€: I installment 300€; II installment 200€
- Scholarship: 200€, to cover the II installment.
- Housing: available at the Foresteria Studenti (140€ /week)
Moreover, the students can also participate to other courses offered by CALCIF and to Italian language courses within the Summer School program offered by the Municipality of Milan.
The students can participate in the Social Program cultural activities organized by the City of Milan. Info at www.milanosummerschool.com.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon completion of the course, CALCIF will give each student an attendance certificate.
- Fill out the Summer School Registration Form at http://users.unimi.it/calcif/summerschool/
- Send via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :
– A resume in Italian or in English
– A clear scan of ID valid for foreign travel, with a photo and legible number
– documents, in Italian or English, attesting to the interest in Italian language and culture, such as certifications of Italian language exams, participation in seminars or courses in Italian language and culture.
- Wait for an email to complete the registration process.
There are SCHOLARSHIPS for 200€ available, to cover the second installment for 15 students selected based on their degrees and merit. The winners will be notified via e-mail.
CALCIF – Università degli Studi di Milano via S.Sofia 9/1 – 20122 Milano – ITALIA
email@example.com +390250312812; fax +390250312656