Filitalia International & Foundation proudly announces the formation of the History of Italian Immigration Museum (HIIM)
Celebrating Italian Roots and American Dreams
Grand Opening celebrated on June 1, 2014 in conjunction with “Festa Della Republica”
1834 E. Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19148
HIIM & Filitalia Members: Free
Children (12 & under): $3
Single Membership: $25
Family Membership: $40
Filitalia Foundation 501(c)3 is a private non- profit organization created in 1987 and The History of Italian Immigration Museum exists to preserve the tangible and intangible heritage of Italian Americans through stories that permiate all cultures. HIIM connects the Italian-American community with its cultural roots and shares that heritage with people of all backgrounds by engaging visitors in participatory and educational programming.
The Museum is Open To The Public
- Monday – Wednesday – 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday & Saturday – 10:00am – 3:00pm
Join The Museum
The Museum has more to offer than ever before. It is a great time to join, renew, give a gift of membership, or refer a friend, business associate, or family member. For more information, call 215-334-8882.
We Need Your Help!
- Help with museum formation, participate in the planning process.
- Help with research and gather stories from your family.
- Collect artifacts particularly related to the unique culture of Italian life – the antique tools of the various trades, samplings of the crafts of emigrants, and the richness of traditions brought over from Italy are a few examples that, with a collection of family tales, can help bring history to life in an exhibit.
- Artifact donations and gifts may qualify as tax deductible contributions consistent with the provisions of IRS code section 501c3
Call Our Center or Contact Our Museum Curator, Michael Bonasera